Netscape Communicator POP Email Account
- Open Netscape, and then select the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the + symbol by the area labeled Mail & Newsgroups. Then click on the Identity .
- With the Identity area open please make sure the following settings are correct.
Your name: Full Name
Email Address: email@example.com
Keep in mind that is the the same as your login id.
- Click on the Mail Server area. It should be empty on a new install.
Click on the Add button.
- Please enter the following information:
Server Name: mail.yourdomain.com
Server Type: POP3 Server
User Name: Complete email address (change @ to $) e.g. yourname$yourdomain.com
- With the Incoming Mail Servers area now filled out, please place the following settings in the Outgoing Mail Server area.
Outgoing mail: Ask your ISP about Outgoing (SMTP) server.
Outgoing mail user name: <username>.
- To access it, please go to the Communicator menu, and select Messenger.